Jack Bauer was not involved in this episode, but I do fly solo to tell you about my neighbor’s pool, a new look on Internet initialisms, eight of my tech blunders, and the importance of going outside.
Random Noodle Updates
My neighbors finally got a cover for their fourth-generate pool and closed it—now that winter is almost over.
Instead of typing initialisms (like “LOL,” “BTW,” and such) in your texts and IMs, try spelling the letters that you type!
- “LOL” becomes “el oh el”
- “BTW” becomes “bee tee double-you”
- “IMHO” becomes “eye em aytch oh”
- “AFAIK” becomes “ay eff ay eye kay”
- “ASAP” becomes “ay es ay pee.”
Feature: 8 Tech Blunders
Even though I’m a geek, I make mistakes, too. Here are eight times when technology misbehaved for me.
- Expires Windows 7 RC1 causing a hard reboot every two hours
- Poorly chosen time to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium
- Wireless Internet setup just after moving into my first house
- 6-minute, 46-second Internet connection at a condo
- I bricked my router
- A notebook PC that can’t go anywhere
- My housemate’s DVD player
- Burning my notebook PC’s power supply in an airport
Bachelor Bootcamp: go outside!
Instead of staying inside on Facebook all day or letting the hours pass through the TV, go outside and get some of that high-resolution sunshine!
Tell us something funny!Whether you have a funny life story, you saw something funny, or you have a joke, please share your funny stuff with us:
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@CleanComedyPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
- Send a voice message through CleanComedyPodcast.com
You can also mail stuff to us:
the Ramen Noodle
PO Box 739
Burlington, KY 41005